Based in Brunel’s iconic Engine Shed, Kubla creates innovative and user-friendly products for engineering, surveying and construction professionals.
If you have an interest in engineering and software development and want to progress your career in a fast growing and innovative company then we are interested to hear from you.
To apply to a current vacancy send CVs and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Application Specialist (Earthworks Estimation Software)
Employer : Kubla Ltd
Position Title : Junior Application Specialist (Earthworks Estimation Software)
Contract Type : Permanent
Contract Hours : Full Time\Part Time Remuneration : Pay rate: £18,000- £25,000 per annum (pro rata)
Location : Bristol
Details : Based in Brunel’s iconic Engine Shed, Kubla is a growing company that creates innovative and user-friendly products for construction professionals, specialising in volumetric calculation and topographic visualisation. Our flagship product is Kubla Cubed, a program for calculating bulk earthworks cut and fill volumes. We also develop more specialist software such as Kubla Ports, a program for designing harbour approach channels. We are looking for good team player who is able to be flexible and creative in their approach to work. The successful applicant will be trained to use our earthworks estimation package with a high degree of proficiency, as well as being taught to use other relevant third-party applications. The role will involve using expertise gained in using the software to train, educate and support our existing customer base and potential new customers. The successful applicant will be involved in a wide range of activities in order to build lasting and productive relationships with our customers and ensure they have a great experience using our software.
These could include :
- Providing support to existing customers
- Contacting potential customers who have downloaded a demo and offering help and advice.
- Replying to questions on our support forum and support mailbox.
- Assisting in the production of tutorial videos.
- Testing new versions of software.
- Contributing to our user manuals.
- Hosting training sessions to groups.
- Providing online product demonstration to potential customers.
The following skills need to be demonstrated through professional experience or educational qualifications :
Required Skills :
- Good written English for communicating with customers and producing training materials.
- Good level of proficiency using Microsoft Office software (e.g Word, Excel and Outlook) or equivalent.
- Able to learn new technologies
- Good verbal communication for talking with customers on the phone.
In addition the following abilities are desirable
Desirable Skills :
- Experience working in the earthworks industry in a relevant area (e.g. landscaping, estimating, surveying, groundworks, machine operator etc.)
- Proficiency in using a CAD product (e.g. Autodesk CAD, DraftSight, BricsCAD etc.)
- Experience working with GIS data (e.g. topography files or GIS)
- Experience in a customer service facing support role.
- Any Advanced IT skills (e.g. setting up networks, installing software, SQL etc.).